ALAE membership information
Different types of membership can be applied for, these are as follows:Full member (full voting) is open to:
- Any holder of an Aircraft Maintenance Licence issued by a competent Licensing Authority as defined in chapter 4.1/4.2 of ICAO annex 1.
- Any holder of a valid Category 'B' or 'C' licence issued under EASA Part 66 regulations.
- Any holder of a valid Flight Engineers Licence issued prior to 1991 as defined in chapter 3.2 of ICAO annex 1.
- Any holder of a valid Category 'A' licence issued under EASA Part 66 regulatons.
- Aircraft Mechanics.
- Inspectors without licence but authorised.
- Overhaul shop certifiers.
- Approved Welders and NDT Inspectors
- Stores Inspectors.
- Tech Support staff.
- DegreeGraduates in Aerospace Aeronautical Studies.
- Technical Authors.
- Serving members of H.M. Forces in Aircraft Engineering Trades of or above
- Junior Technician Rank (RAF);
- Leading Aircraft Engineering Mechanic (Fleet Air Arm);
- Lance Corporal (REME)
- Any person undergoing an aeronautical apprenticeship or full time aeronautical degree student.